Can I get separation pay if I resign from work?

It is well to note that there is no provision in the Labor Code that grants separation pay to voluntarily resigning employees. However, an employer who agrees to expend such benefit as an incident of the resignation should not be allowed to renege on the fulfillment of such commitment. (G.R. No. 178337 June 25, 2009)

Popular Posts