Remedy after 1-year period; fraudulent registration

After the expiration of the one-year period, a person whose property has been wrongly or erroneously registered in another's name may bring an ordinary action for reconveyance,[1] or if the property has passed into the hands of an innocent purchaser for value, Section 32 of the Property Registration Decree gives petitioners only one other remedy, i.e., to file an action for damages against those responsible for the fraudulent registration.[2]
[1] Gonzales v. Intermediate Appellate Court, G.R. No. 69622, 29 January 1988, 157 SCRA 587, 600.